Monday, November 12, 2012

A Day in the Life

Today's topic is...

Describe a typical day in your current life.
Thought it'd be easier to just live blog. Except not, because my computer weighs a solid ton, and I'm not lugging it around all day. So instead looked like sketchy, strange pseudo-writer constantly jotting things down in my trusty notebook... well, more than I normally do.

7:30 - Wake up. Ugh. Whyyyyyyyyy, Monday? Proč?
7:40 - Get out of bed. Attempt to comb hair into some type of look that says I didn't spend night sleeping in a bush. Get my life together, as it's currently strewn around Donut's apartment from my afternoon of "working" (i.e., checking Pinterest and looking for DC deals on Groupon).
8:00 - Donut drops me at the tram station. Hmmm... am getting hungry.
8:17 - I think it's time for a pastry.
8:30 - Settle into my bed with the heat on, pastry in hand ready to catch up on last night's Downton Abbey. What foolery is this? It wasn't on?? Opt for Covert Affairs, commence watching.
8:35 - Stop and make tea.
8:45 - Stop and give myself a French manicure.
8:55 - Stop and check email.
9:06 - Two cancellations this week. Yay no work, nay no money.
9:10 - Laundry.
9:40 - Finally finish Covert Affairs. Not entirely sure what the episode was about.
9:45 - Shower.
10:00 - Consult Pinterest for outfit inspiration. Nothing to bloody wear.
10:15 - Realize I'm out of hangers. Begin reorganizing closet, put away summer clothes.
10:25 - Try to winterize summer clothes. Will this work if I add a sweater? No. You look ridiculous.
11:00 - Put away mound of clothes now that I have all these free hangers.
11:15 - Hair is approaching the slept-in-a-bush phase again. Zap it with Saharan level heat. Roll back the clock with some carefully applied makeup. Fresh and glowy.
11:30 - Check DPP website to determine what the absolute latest time I can leave is.
11:33 - Check www.postsecret.blogspot.com
11:35 - Realize I have to blog again. Check today's topic. Start this.
11:42 - Dammit, will be late. Scramble to get my life together and in the right bag.
11:48 - Get outside to wait for tram. Realize it's stupid to wait ten minutes when the tram literally stops outside my door, but know if I don't, I will miss it.
11:49 - WTF is the sun??
12:01 - Right on time. New, fancy tram, get a seat, yay. Bust out Kindle, continue reading Freshwater Road by Denise Nicholas. Am thankful I don't live in rural Mississippi during Freedom Summer, but would not be opposed to a bit of that Mississippi heat right now.
12:04 - Pass a circus at Letna. See two zebras. Didn't expect that one.
12:20 - Lemme off this thinnnnnng!
12:30 - First class of the day. Love these guys.
1:30 - British food and British versus American English. Black pudding and pants amuse them greatly.
2:03 - Christmas tree up at Andel. Too soon, Nove Smichov, too soon.
2:04 - Hmmm... pretty hungry. Should have had two pastries this morning.
2:20 - BioMarket. Fruit here looks questionable. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Big Corny instead.
2:57 - Student tells me to go to Siam Orchid, by Billa Labut, for yummy Thai food. Am writing it here so I don't forget.
3:30 - Hour and a half to kill. What to do, what to do.
3:50 - Hmm. Took a lot less time than I anticipated to get my work done for the rest of the week.
3:55 - Who is paying my insurance? I'd better send school an email about this important thing so that they can ignore it until I reforward it in two weeks asking again.
4:00 - British Council website. Will use this, and this, and this, and this...
4:40 - Will walk to next class.
4:42 - Why are there so many cops out?
4:47 - Why are there so many cops out?
4:49 - Huh, that was fast. Should I get a pastry?
4:50 - No.
4:51 - Yes.
4:52 - No.
4:53 - Maybe my student feels like giving me some tea if I get there early.
4:54 - Yesssssss, tea. One hour to go. What am I teaching? Oh right, auxiliary verbs. What are those? Not important. This is boring. Grammar is boring. How are my nails so effed up? I only painted them this morning, it's not like I work in a quarry slinging rocks all day long.
4:56 - Gosh, the men who work here are boisterous.
4:57 - I should really write some of these posts in advance. Maybe I'll write some more tonight, after I make spicy noodles.
4:58 - Should I make spicy noodles? Does Peej want to go out for a birthday dinner, in which case the spicy noodles are extraneous? I hope he likes his gift. He better. It's cute. I suck at getting people gifts. Steph is really good at that. I should email Steph, see if she has any suggestions for Christmas.
5:00 - Lesson Time
6:03 - I want a beer. Hope Peej's home and wants birthday beers.
6:27 - Damn. Peej is either sleeping or not home. Hope he didn't go for birthday beers without me. Guess I will make spicy noodles.
6:44 - Birthday hugs for Peej! Making spicy noodles, nomnomnom.
7:13 - Big bowl of spicy noodles, new episode of Scandal. Awesome.
7:56 - Alerted to a leak on our balcony (perhaps?) from Katka. Discuss other issues to tell landlord, like the bathroom wall is falling apart, and it's not our fault.
8:12 - Finish 10 influential people post. blahblahblah, too emotional.
8:27 - Start typing up this nonsense.
8:57 - Massive shock to see how late it is already!
8:59 - Shocked and slightly appalled by how little I actually get done during the day. Whatever, it's Monday, leave me alone. Will make myself a big cup of tea, try to do some Pink Crocodile work, and get to bed. And it all starts over again tomorrow...

by Pete Joisen of inklinegraphicdesign

No comments:

Post a Comment