Monday, November 5, 2012

Gunpowder, treason and plot

Hope you're all huddled around a bonfire tonight. If you're British, do it for Guy. If you're Jersey, do it because you probably still have no heat.

Today's topic is...

What are the five things that make you the most happy right now?
But there are so many things!!!


  1. That there are only 36 days until I get to go back to Jersey. I cannot wait to see everyone, indulge in some deliciousness at the diner, watch some Food Network, have free water with my restaurant meals, slurp down a giant Dunkin coffee, snuggle with Tuck, go see all of the cheesey wonderful Christmas things like the Ice Caverns at Fairfield Garden Center, take limitless hot showers, have a Prague reunion in DC, ring in the New Year and have a holly jolly Christmas. And I'm even more excited that I get to show off why NJ is so freakin' awesome to Donut. I know he will fall madly in love with it too!
  2. That Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Love that our little trio of Americans are holding the tradition together and hosting a (somewhat) typical Thanksgiving meal for 30, count 'em, thirty of our nearest and dearest here in Prague. This means lists and baking and cooking and slight panicking about where all these people are going to fit in our apartment, but I'm excited!
  3. Mint tea. It's now replaced blood in my system.
  4. My excellent nurse. I'm constantly reminded what a lucky lady I am, and while I question Donut's taste in snacks, at least this means we will never fight over the last Margot bar (allllllllllll yours babe!). 
  5. All of you people who take up so much room in my heart. I am so so so so so blessed to have such an amazing family, an fantastic group of friends scattered throughout the world, and a wonderful man who gets to hear constantly how fabulous the rest of them are. 
I could easily go on and on and on about the things that make me happy (maybe that will be for December). I can honestly say that while it can be rough being so far from so much that I love, no a day goes by where I don't stop and think "Holy crap, this life is amazing." And that is pretty damn fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment